Box turtle age

zovick

10 Year Member!
I was wondering how old people think my three toed box turtle is. Thank you in advance!View attachment 369884View attachment 369885
Your Box Turtle appears to be about 3-5 years old. It also looks more like an Ornate Box Turtle than a Three-toed Box Turtle to me. Both of them occur in Oklahoma, so if yours came from the wild, it could be either one. How certain are you that it is a Three-toed Box Turtle?

Last edited:

BearTheTurtle

Location (City and/or State)
USA Oklahoma
Your Box Turtle appears to be about 3-5 years old. It also looks more like an Ornate Box Turtle than a Three-toed Box Turtle to me. Both of them occur in Oklahoma, so if yours came from the wild, it could be either one. How certain are you that it is a Three-toed Box Turtle?
I don’t know, someone else on the tort forums told me a three toed, but I don’t know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure it's a little three toe (Terrapene carolina triunguis), and I'd guess it's about two years old. I have quite a few with that shell pattern. And they lose the pattern as they get older. Cute little turtle!

BearTheTurtle

USA Oklahoma
I'm pretty sure it's a little three toe (Terrapene carolina triunguis), and I'd guess it's about two years old. I have quite a few with that shell pattern. And they lose the pattern as they get older. Cute little turtle!
Aw man… I hope she doesn’t lose her color!