broken beak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nes

5 Year Member
Just got a red foot tortoise home from a bad inveroment(no uvb light, no normal light and no humid substrate) and hes beak is in bad shape. The opper part of the beak is broken of so he cant bite pieces of fruigt. Im feeding him fruigt in pieces and mazurii. But how can i make sure his beak will grow out again? He is so kind and happy. :) will upload a picture later.

Kindest regards Kenn

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
The beak will grow back out, but the trouble maybe in getting it to grow correctly. Most likely you may need to do a trim job now, to get things even. (Will help once we can see pictures) Then watch as it grows that it grows in the right shape and the bottom beak doesn't get growing wrong either, which could mean more trimming with a dremmel. With luck nothing but time wil be needed. Poor guy. :(

Nes

5 Year Member
Was taking pictures and sadly the buttom beak is on the outside of the top beak. Poor little fella. :( gonna taje him to the vet as soon as posible. Luckely he can eat and do it alot. :) so so sad people dont see something like that or doesnt do anything about it. :'(

Nes

5 Year Member
Good news. A trip to the vet fixed the beak he can now eat propperly!! :) and the vet told me that it wasnt that big of a deal.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Yay!!! Good job!!! And I bet he feels better being able to eat more easily! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.