Brown & Black Mountain

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share some of my pics of the Burmese Mountain Brown and Black Tortoises that I acquired this past year. I have 3 large Brown Males, 1 Large Brown/Black hybrid and 1 Larger Black Female. My Males are 15, 16-1/2", 17 and 18" in Plastron Length. My Female Black is 27-1/2" length.

I haven't been able to setup to breed as I just don't have the proper mates. I have considered parting with a couple under the right circumstances.

BURMESE BLACK 1.jpg BURMESE BLACK 2.jpg BURMESE BLACK 3.jpg BURMESE BROWN 1.jpg BURMESE BROWN 4.jpg BURMESE BROWN 5.jpg BURMESE BROWN 6.jpg BURMESE BROWN 7.jpg BURMESE BROWN 8.jpg BURMESE BROWN 9.jpg BURMESE BROWN 11.jpg BURMESE BROWN 13.jpg BURMESE BROWN 15.jpg BURMESE BROWN 16.jpg BURMESE BROWN 18.jpg BURMESE BROWN 20.jpg BURMESE BROWN 21.jpg BURMESE BROWN 22.jpg BURMSESE BROWN 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Keven:

Nice group of Manouria. May I ask where you acquired them?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hey Kevin. Love seeing these. Don't forget about me. I may still send you my male on loan :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
very cool group. can't wait for mine to get that big. I dont even know the sex of mine yet. Patients* lol

Kyle

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
He do try....did he??

Very nice group you have there! ! ! Little envy.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I hate it that I don't have the space like you :-( I'm really undecided if I should start with keeping emys emys the only problem is what I should do with them when they become big..

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I hate it that I don't have the space like you :-( I'm really undecided if I should start with keeping emys emys the only problem is what I should do with them when they become big..

I would wait till you have the space.teu really enjoy there space.

Kyle

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Ah I think we haven't got the right climate here.. When you want to keep them you need a big greenhouse which you have to keep warm in the winter. So the energy coasts for that are enormous. I think Manouria (without impressa ) will be a dream..

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I acquired the group this year along with a herd of Hermans and Greek Tortoises. I bought a individual out. He was getting out of the hobby. I keep tossing back and forth what I want to do. I want to breed and keep them, but then again, I cant find mates for them so I want to get them in a situation to do so. Right now due to some personal circumstances, I cant move any of them to another home if I decide to go that route until another month or two.

As to setup, they are in temporary enclosures. I have currently 2 acres to do what I want with, but we might move and get more acreage so I am holding off.....We have about 150 turtles and tortoises , so its always something being done.

If anyone is interested, I have a website that is a little outdated, but people can check stuff out as well. My facebook page is always active and updated. I have tons of pictures in the photo section along with photos from others. We have about 2200 members. Here are the links:

My Website www.tortoisehome.org

The Tortoise Home Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/groups/tortoisehome/?ref=bookmarks

The Asian Turtle and Tortoise Keepers Page : https://www.facebook.com/groups/315579538635339/

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Can you tell me how much the 27" F phayrei weighs? That could be the biggest one in the USA. Are you going to separate the sub species out, and hold the intergrade single. Thanks Vic

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I thought that was bigger than normal too! I can't wait to have one that size but mine are tiny still...If you want to find HER a home...I WANT! : )

mrscruffy

Great Photos,

Just a quick question, that has probably been answered in another post but is their evidence of brown and black intergrades in the wild? Would they intergrade with Impressa?