Brown sulcata tortoise urine?

Jordan2

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
What could be going on with my sulcata? I think he peed brown in the bath earlier. I know dandelions can cause this but for the most part is only eating dandelion leaves. His diet consists of grass, a lot of clover, dandelion leaves, lettuce, and occasionally tortoise diet. We spray his cage with a lot of water everyday and he gets baths frequently, his water bowl is refilled a lot too. We are going to try to stop feeding him dandelion leaves for a bit to see if that's the problem with him. He is one year old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nothing to worry about. It's more than likely the dandelion leaves or something else he's eating.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What could be going on with my sulcata? I think he peed brown in the bath earlier. I know dandelions can cause this but for the most part is only eating dandelion leaves. His diet consists of grass, a lot of clover, dandelion leaves, lettuce, and occasionally tortoise diet. We spray his cage with a lot of water everyday and he gets baths frequently, his water bowl is refilled a lot too. We are going to try to stop feeding him dandelion leaves for a bit to see if that's the problem with him. He is one year old.
Not a problem. Its normal.

Dandelions are a good food, but high in protein. Be sure to soak frequently for 30-40 minutes.

What size sulcata are we talking about?

Most of the care info found for them is all wrong. Here is the correct care info. There is a sulcata care sheet near the bottom of this thread too. Questions are welcome: