Bugs how to prevent and get rid?

Hai

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson az
I'm wondering on how to prevent and get rid of these tiny little bugs in my enclosure. I think there springtails. I always pick out the old food and poop everytime I feed them. I just got done cleaning, scrubbing everything out and a week later I'm starting to see them again. Any ideas on how to keep these things out? I feel bad for the tortoises having them everywhere in there and especially when the cage is in my room.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Rolly polly bugs ( pill bugs) eat them.
But that's adding bugs to eat bugs.....
The truth is that none of them are an issue. But both might be upsetting to have in your bedroom

Hai

Tucson az
Rolly polly bugs ( pill bugs) eat them.
But that's adding bugs to eat bugs.....
The truth is that none of them are an issue. But both might be upsetting to have in your bedroom

Depends on how well they eat them lol. I can stand a few in there but I wouldn't know where to get them. Also it seems like these springtails multiple like crazy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no way to get rid of them. They will always come back. They are present in the environment and our enclosures offer them a nice place to live and start a family. They are harmless detrivores, so I ignore them. To keep the numbers down, you'd have to boil, bake, freeze or replace your substrate once every week or two.