Building Another Cold Weather House

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The sulcatas are growing so building a 5x8 ft house with at least 30 inch walls. Haven't decided on the roof design yet. No lumber cost because using reclaimed lumber. Here's what I've accumulated so far KIMG0927.JPGKIMG0926.JPGSomeone brought these 2x4s this morning KIMG0925.JPGwith these and what I already had I now have enough for the framing. He also has enough plywood to complete the walls inside and out. Small town living is great.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The sulcatas are growing so building a 5x8 ft house with at least 30 inch walls. Haven't decided on the roof design yet. No lumber cost because using reclaimed lumber. Here's what I've accumulated so far View attachment 346541View attachment 346543Someone brought these 2x4s this morning View attachment 346542with these and what I already had I now have enough for the framing. He also has enough plywood to complete the walls inside and out. Small town living is great.
Ooh. I can't wait to see the finished project. And thank you for reminding me of linseed oil which I used this time to revamp my little Russian's outdoor enclosure this time.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ooh. I can't wait to see the finished project. And thank you for reminding me of linseed oil which I used this time to revamp my little Russian's outdoor enclosure this time.☺️
Also my son used wood pallets to build a good sized shed for his chickens. They made up the walls and ceiling. Then covered and it wound up looking like a little red barn. What's nice about them is a lot of times they're free, someone else did the framework, and you can add necessary stuff easily.