BULBS KEEP BLOWING

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
I’m using 75w arcadia floodlights and have had to replace the them EVERY DAY for the last three days because they keep blowing. Weird thing is, I’ve tried them in two different vivs with two different branded ceramic bulb holders and they have still blown within 24 hours regardless. I’ve now purchased a ProRep ceramic bulb holder in the hopes it will fix the problem but for now, I am baffled to what that problem could be. HELP

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Did you buy them all at the same time, or at the same place?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
My first thought would be bad batch from manufacturer. Esp if this is the only electrical problem you're having. If there was something wrong with the electric going to the socket, it should also affect other things that are plugged in.

Reactions: Tom

ShellingtonTheFirst

London
My first thought would be bad batch from manufacturer. Esp if this is the only electrical problem you're having. If there was something wrong with the electric going to the socket, it should also affect other things that are plugged in.
I spoke to an electrician and he said when they get rattled around during transport, that can mess them up too. Oh well. New batch and holder coming on Tuesday so we’ll see!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are they mounted in a place where they move a lot? Like on a door? Moving heated bulbs can make the filament break.
Do they get super hot and then come into contact with water mist or is it near a humidifier?

ShellingtonTheFirst

London
Are they mounted in a place where they move a lot? Like on a door? Moving heated bulbs can make the filament break.
Do they get super hot and then come into contact with water mist or is it near a humidifier?
No, but I put a new batch of coir in it yesterday and got it a bit too wet so it’s been realllyyyy humid overnight. That said, I tried a bulb in the old viv too which was no where near as humid and still had the same issue!

innocent

Acton, Ca
Timer switches are much better now then they used to be, simple switches are not as good as they used to be. I have had past problems with incandescent bulbs burning out super fast from switch arc. Ceramic, fluorescent and led would not be susceptible to this but it could be the reason filament bulbs burn out fast. It will happen right at the turn on.

ShellingtonTheFirst

London
Nope! Mine are blowing out at around the 12 hour mark, and it’s on a timer of which when I read the reviews, no one has had the same issue. It’s really baffling.
Timer switches are much better now then they used to be, simple switches are not as good as they used to be. I have had past problems with incandescent bulbs burning out super fast from switch arc. Ceramic, fluorescent and led would not be susceptible to this but it could be the reason filament bulbs burn out fast. It will happen right at the turn on.