Bump in shell of juvenile sulcata sign of pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggieeNicolee

5 Year Member
Well he has a bump right above the front and center spot so I was just wondering

He's bout 5 months old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 147

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's not pyramiding. I see quite a few like that. Not really sure what or why. BTW, did I tell you Toms great threads on raising a sulcata are below in my post. The leopard ones apply. Sorry if I just repeated myself:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That tortoise is not 5 months old either. I'd be surprised if it was 5 weeks out of the egg.

Who told you that?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
MaggieeNicolee said:
The place where I bout it said 4-6 months old, he fits on my palm

They have lied to you. By 4 months old they have some growth lines, some "weathering" and frankly they just cannot be kept THAT clean. All of the above could be debated, but the dead give away is the egg tooth. They hatch with that egg tooth and lose it by 4 weeks usually, 6 weeks tops. Your baby is less than a month old.

Now everything else they told you should be suspect too. Have you read the threads for the right way to raise your baby? Click the links in my signature for some help. You need to be simulating the African rainy season, NOT a desert. It should be warm round the clock, humid and he should have a humid hide, a water bowl and get soaked every day.

erica anne

5 Year Member
It seems like most sellers really don't know how old their tortoises are let alone how to care for them. Thank goodness for this forum! Your little one is a cutie. At least you can get a very early start on some great care!

kjr153

5 Year Member
Very cute. You're not getting ready to paint her nails are you? :) I see the pink nail polish in the background.
MaggieeNicolee said:
Well he has a bump right above the front and center spot so I was just wondering

He's bout 5 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.