Buried all Day

A3luton

So we just got our little Hermann, and the first two days she was out and about, eating and running laps. The past two days yesterday and today ( even though it is still early) she has been buried all day on the heat lamp side. and hasn't eaten We turn off the heat at night since our house stays above 70 right now at night, and the humidity has been between 70 and 80% we did mist her tub yesterday and I dug her out for a short soak. She is about 2 inches and pretty tiny still.
Is this normal?
at what point should I freak out?
how should I go about normalizing her?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
First question: Are you using a UV bulb? What type?

What are your other temps? Basking area under the heat lamp and ambient during the day?

Is it an open topped enclosure?

A3luton

the UV Bulb we just Changed out Yesterday as it was not a "tube" light and I didn't want to mess with eye issues. We got a ( Link Below) Under the heat lamp it ranges from 85-101, cooler in the morning and warmer as the day goes on I did raise it up an inch today because to me 101 seemed a little hot..... The ambient temp has been between 73-84.... we got an under the bed tupperware because it is big, the sides are only about 3-4 inches more than the level of topsoil/ Coconut Coir mix which is about 3 inches deep. We have left it open topped but could cover either side or the whole thing
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002QI86U/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20