Burmese Star Diet

rachelraines

Location (City and/or State)
ALABAMA
Hey guys! What are your favorite things to feed your star babies? I am trying to expand their diet right now! Post pictures ( if possible) of your average star plate.💚🌱🥒🥬

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
I don’t have a baby, nor do I have a star. But my understanding is the diet is equivalent. I grow hibiscus, roses, opuntia cactus various seeds I’ve bought specific to tortoises (broad leaf and grazing mixes). I found a local source for grape leaves and I ordered food fixer, moringa, and mazuri. I pick up extra opuntia from the grocery store and some romaine and Santa Barbara mix. I start with a small bucket and scissors and cut off leaves/pads/flowers and then I add in some lettuces and sprinkle with food fixer or moringa. I am just now getting around to trying mazuri and first try she wasn’t a fan. I tried again this am soaking it to mush and then mixing it in well with her food and she devoured it. Give more than you think she needs and if there is none left give more the next day, a lot left give less the next day. I don’t bother cutting grass to add because she grazes all day and her poop looks like grass despite the other foods I feed her. If she was indoors and unable to graze I’d also include fresh grass tips.