Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
anm1221 said:
Jlant85 said:
All the torts above are great! Look around for the age of 2-3... Start out small!! Wouldn't be another year or two when they start getting bigger and then you can worry bout a bigger enclosure. I bought the zoo med tort house and they usually go for $100... Craigslist it! Saves you more... Some even comes with lighting. When my tort got bigger that's when I built an outdoor enclosure. Just keep doing research online or ask around in this forum. Everyone is more than willing to help you out. This just my thoughts about it.

thanks many have given some great advice! also I am unsure of wether to start with a baby or with a slightly older turtle.

Just to give you an idea, I just bought a yearling greek tortoise. I am alway keeping my eye out for the humidity and temperature. Attempting to get her out as much as possible. At a younger age, they are more prone to pyramiding. I'll pm you more pros and cons about younglings a little later... Just got off work and need some sleep...

anm1221

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Jlant85 said:
anm1221 said:
Jlant85 said:
All the torts above are great! Look around for the age of 2-3... Start out small!! Wouldn't be another year or two when they start getting bigger and then you can worry bout a bigger enclosure. I bought the zoo med tort house and they usually go for $100... Craigslist it! Saves you more... Some even comes with lighting. When my tort got bigger that's when I built an outdoor enclosure. Just keep doing research online or ask around in this forum. Everyone is more than willing to help you out. This just my thoughts about it.

thanks many have given some great advice! also I am unsure of wether to start with a baby or with a slightly older turtle.

Just to give you an idea, I just bought a yearling greek tortoise. I am alway keeping my eye out for the humidity and temperature. Attempting to get her out as much as possible. At a younger age, they are more prone to pyramiding. I'll pm you more pros and cons about younglings a little later... Just got off work and need some sleep...

no problem thank you for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.