Bye bye Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
Just thought I'd share with you'll that I gave away both my lovely Stars to a good friend who has many years of experience keeping torts. Reason being is that the Stars were starting to stress out in the same enclosure as my Radiated's, they were not eating regularly and also the bigger Radiated's were pushing them around at times. Stress would eventually kill the Stars. I dont have more time to build another enclosure for the Stars and to look after them so as much as I am missing them right now as I'm writing this, it's the best thing to do.
Anyway so now it's the two Radiated's which will live happily ever after....

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Glad you knew that they should be in a different place for better care, sure it was a hard choice to make..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Samstar:

I give you a lot of credit for doing the right thing. Its very hard to give up a treasured pet, but if you can't separate the species, then finding a new home is the next best thing for the animals. And since they went to a friend, you can always visit! :D

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sorry to hear that... but you made the right choice. Not many people will put the animals welfare before their own greed.

samstar

5 Year Member
Yes it is what's best for them. However I have learned a lot about Stars this past 2 years and have no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.