Calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am new to this whole tortoise ownership, and i no they should have calcium in there diet, i have put a kuttle fish thing in his change as thats what i was told to do but is there other alternitives and sources that will give him calcium?

hystrix

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi

Many people use Rep-Cal Phosphorus free calcium with vitamin D. Danny (Egyptiandan) who has a lot of experience said he uses calcium with phosphorus such as Tetra Terrafauna Reptocal. It makes more sense to have phosphorus in it because it is needed for calcium metabolism. You can sprinkle that on food everyday for the first year. I would also use some Vitamin supplement such as Herptivite.

Good luck
Em

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
well he is nearly two years old so should i be doing this?

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisbon, Portugal
I sprinkle TNT over food and keep a bottle cap with CalviRep (which is also a Phosphorus free calcium supplement) inside the tort's enclosure.

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
where can i get these calcuim supplement just general pet shops? and whats the names so i can look out for them? and while i am here what so bad with giving a tortoise brocilli, is cabbage ok?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
While a tortoise is still growing, up to 15 years, you need to supplement with calcium at almost every feeding.
Adult females also need supplementing through out their lives, but adult males don't need very much extra calcium.
So you do still need to give your tortoise a calcium supplement for a few more years. :D

Danny

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ahhhh cool thanks but again i still need to no a spefic name of one a good one for my little guy lol, hopefully one i can get easliy is england?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
also try to use multi vitamins but rep-cal the blue one. its great for my babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.