Calling fellow Floridians

NessiesNoob

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I had my two young Sullies outside today to enjoy some sunshine and grazing. The area I had set up their frame in (just a portable rectangle so I do not have to chase them around) had mostly just St. Augustine grass and Ground Sorrel, both of which are supposed to be safe. But as I watched them, my youngest found a new shoot of Sunshine Mimosa (mimosa strigillosa) and started to bite at it. I stopped her before she could bite a piece off as I haven't seen any information regarding this plant and sulcatas and I haven't seen my local gopher tortoises eating it either. This got me thinking and now I am asking, can any of my fellow Floridian tortoise keepers give me a head's up on what plants I should really be on the lookout for? I found some lantana camara in my yard today and pulled that out because I know it is toxic to livestock (not to mention a nuisance plant in Florida), but I would appreciate having a bit more insight. Unfortunately the land I am on is not mine, so I can not just scour an area out and start from scratch.