Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Hey everyone, I'm curious what kind of cameras everyone is using. I love taking pictures of my torts, I always use my iPhone. Some of you guys have great cameras, especially Greg and JD. What's everyone using?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a Kodak Easy Share Digital Camera. Its pretty easy to work and takes good pictures. In my case, though, its ME that doesn't take good pictures. Can't blame it on the camera.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Mainly my phone. But I use a nikon D-100 digital SLR for the good photos. As well as the good ol fashion canon AE-1 film camera.

Mky2k

5 Year Member
Central New Jersey
I have some cheap Vivitar camera that I bought at staples on black friday for like 40-50 bucks. It's not the best.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer Canon for point and shooters. I have used a whole bunch of them for my business, but Canon always takes the best pics. Sony would be a close second.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I like Canons as well. I have an ancient (5 years) Powershot SD800 that still works well.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hand me down from my youngest son, Canon SD10, It will do a lot more than what I know how to make it do, I like it because it is so small,I also have his old phone which takes great pics but I haven't mastered that part yet either.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I've some Pentax film SLRs and a small fortune in lenses, but am looking into a Pentax DSLR that I can use my lenses with. Possibly the K2000 or K-x.

Also, I sometimes use my daughter's Nikon Cool-pix, which is actually a pretty good digital camera for such a modest price.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
I have about 12 cameras but these days I'm shooting with my Nikon D90 or my iPhone since its in my hand more sadly.

Terry Allan Hall said:
I've some Pentax film SLRs and a small fortune in lenses, but am looking into a Pentax DSLR that I can use my lenses with. Possibly the K2000 or K-x.

Also, I sometimes use my daughter's Nikon Cool-pix, which is actually a pretty good digital camera for such a modest price.

Agreed, I've taken a lot of images with a cool-pix back in the day and loved how small and inexpensive it was! Now my daughter wants it!

AldabraNerd

5 Year Member
Recently upgraded from Canon 50D to 7D; have a whole host of lenses (mostly use 100mm macro, 300mm tele, 10-22 mm, 17-40mm). I love the rapid fire of 7D (8fps) when I photograph birds in flight (not so necessary for the tortoises, obviously :D). Also slowly getting to know the HD video capabilities of the 7D, but still prefer to use my small camcorder.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
AldabraNerd said:
Recently upgraded from Canon 50D to 7D; have a whole host of lenses (mostly use 100mm macro, 300mm tele, 10-22 mm, 17-40mm). I love the rapid fire of 7D (8fps) when I photograph birds in flight (not so necessary for the tortoises, obviously :D). Also slowly getting to know the HD video capabilities of the 7D, but still prefer to use my small camcorder.

I can't wait to slap my Pentax 100mm macro lense onto a K-mount DSLR...that's pretty much my go-to lense...good for almost everything, other than long telephoto shots! :cool:

I've been thinking that a 17-50mm short zoom, my macro and a 300-500mm long telephoto is all I really need...and it'd certainly lighten up my camera bag, carrying just three lenses!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I use my camera phone (HTC Rezound) which takes better pictures than the digital camera I paid much more money for years ago.

The phone's camera is an 8 megapixel with a duel LED flash. Its great for closeups and dimly lit areas (such as burrows), but horroble for zooming in on faraway objects.

bholmes88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Taylor, Tx
I recently bought a Nikon d3000 from a friend. It came with a 18-55mm lens and I just ordered a 55-200mm. I eventually want to buy a 1:1 macro lens so I can do some extreme macro photography. Until I can afford that I have a reverse mount ring coming in. So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.