Can anyone help? What breed is my tortoise!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauraxx24

5 Year Member
Haven't a clue and want to find out the breed!

Attachments

• image-1756627005.png
    image-1756627005.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 103

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It's not a breed, it's a species. Send a PM to GBTortoises with a link to this thread requesting he check it out for you. He is one of our resident Testudo experts. He might ask for some plastron shots too.

I'm going to guess its one of the Greeks, Testudo gracea. There are several subspecies though.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Tom said:
It's not a breed, it's a species. Send a PM to GBTortoises with a link to this thread requesting he check it out for you. He is one of our resident Testudo experts. He might ask for some plastron shots too.

I'm going to guess its one of the Greeks, Testudo gracea. There are several subspecies though.

Tom is right. There are no tortoise breeds. All pet tortoises are captive wild animals.

I think this is an Ibera Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca ibera), but we'll see what GB and the other Testudo experts say.

Lauraxx24

5 Year Member
Ok thank you for your help, she is 15, was given her from a family member who didnt know the species she's just started laying eggs too just want to find out her species and info!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a great gift! Why don't my relatives ever give me anything like that?? ;)

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Lauraxx24 said:
Ok thank you for your help, she is 15, was given her from a family member who didnt know the species she's just started laying eggs too just want to find out her species and info!

She looks fantastic! Was she raised from a baby? Where are you located? I'm guessing the UK?

Lauraxx24

5 Year Member
Yes in the uk, my inlaws had her from a baby but father inlaws passed so we inherited her!

Status
Not open for further replies.