Can I mix another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowDrops

5 Year Member
I want to add a new addition to my tortoise. I have a baby Russain, not sure of its gender yet unless I add a photo and 1 of yous could try suggest a gender? I think it's to young to tell yet! So i'm wondering if I can mix another species of tortoise with my Russain? If i can, could you tell me which ones and also if i could mix two females together or will they have territorial issues like two males would? Or am i best getting the opposite genders? Thanks guys :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We've talked about this a lot here on the Forum. You can do a "search" and look for "mix species" and get all kinds of opinions on the subject.

The short answer for you is, no, its never a good idea to mix species.

RainbowDrops

5 Year Member
All seems well, took him vets and he said the sheddings normal. As for the infection he's gotten over it as i stated in my last post. Thats why i'm pondering about another addition next year.

RainbowDrops

5 Year Member
Trust me to get the aggresive type of tortoise! Oki dokie! No more mixing ideas. :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I think you should get as many tortoises as you want and are able to care for. Just house them separately. They will all be much happier that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.