Can my sulcata eat these?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
The vine is bindweed, leaves are safe.

Do you think? It might be the the distance in the photo but I am leaning a bit toward Morning Glory over bindweed. There are so many different flavors of bindweed, though, it’s hard to say. :eek:

Bambam1989

East Texas
Do you think? It might be the the distance in the photo but I am leaning a bit toward Morning Glory over bindweed. There are so many different flavors of bindweed, though, it’s hard to say. :eek:
Could probably tell for sure when it flowers. I was pegging it to be hedge bindweed.
It's the seed of the morning Glory that's not good, so the leaves should be fine if I'm remembering correctly

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
My mom RIP always called it morning glory but I thought that was just a mom thing [emoji23]

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
It's the seed of the morning Glory that's not good, so the leaves should be fine if I'm remembering correctly

The Tortoise Table is very NO on it, due to the seeds, just as you say. This is a hard one for me. It’s from the ippomea family, which includes sweet potato vine. Tortoise Table is also very NO on sweet potato vine, also in the ippomea family but I and others feed it. I feed it in moderation because @Iochroma says it’s okay and I trust him more than the Tortoise Table. :D Water spinach is another plant in the ippomea family that is safe to feed.

I’ve never seen Iochroma make an assessment on morning glory so would like to hear his thoughts before making a recommendation. I’ve offered it a couple of times to my Russian but she wasn’t interested. She’s also not a sulcata; I never know what their systems can handle. :)

Last edited: