Can not Find PVC Foam Board for Tortoise Enclosure

wdbyrd

Location (City and/or State)
Buckeye, AZ
I live in the Phoenix Az area and have had little success finding a 4' x 8' sheet of PVC board in my area. It is all out of stock at Lowes and Homeport. I do not think they carry it anymore. I located local sign and plastic shops that have it at 250-300 a sheet. If there is anyone in the phoenix area who has a source for affordable or at least reasonably priced PVC board I would be very grateful if you were able to share the knowledge.

1704049810643.png

wdbyrd

Buckeye, AZ
which specific (brand, thickness, etc) were you quoted, or are looking for?
here's one supplier that shows a Phoenix location:
Thanks. That is pretty much what I have found. Twice as much as it used to cost. Maybe that is the new price. If that the price I will use a different material (wood). That is the size I'm looking for.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'll be looking for some locally to build a night house for my REDFOOT.
One enclosure with stalls for 3 or 4 tortoises. With separate heaters, walls and door flaps that open into three or four different pens.
Nothing elaborate. But I'd probably need two full sheets over a treated pine frame.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I've found that on the west coast, Home Depot or Lowes does not carry this.

Try plastic suppliers or sign shop suppliers. Prices went up dramatically in the past 2 years, then back down a bit this past year. At retail, I would expect at least $150 - $200 for a sheet of 1/2" (12mm).