Can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseppa96

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I think my redfoot may have shell rot, she had these marks on her belly when I got her and I thought it was normal, because I didn't know what shell rot was until recently, the marks didn't get bigger or worse, and I've had her for almost a year, could it be shell rot? Or maybe an old injury she had before I got her? Please help!

Attachments

• image-839173221.png
    image-839173221.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

joseppa96

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Also, I read that if it is shell rot, that at an early age I can use hibiclense on it and it would make it go away, should I do this?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If they haven't changed in a year, I wouldn't think it would be shell rot. Shell rot would just keep getting worse if let untreated or conditions didn't improve. I have never had to deal with it yet, knock on wood, (wow second time I've said that in the last ten minutes)LOL so, see what others say. I don't think you need to do anything though. We will both be able to,learn from this one. Good luck I hope I'm right for your and your torts sake:)

joseppa96

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you, I hope so too:) I want to find out ASAP, so I know what care I would need to give and if she needs a vet visit

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah looks like just a bacterial fungus. Shell rot over a years time period could possibly be alot worse. But it could be just a slow development of it. If conditions are somewhat ok for it live it will progress very slowly. I would take a trip to the vet just to be certain. Hibiclense works good, but this may be something that might need a totaly different regimen of treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.