can someone take a look please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
From mainly what I can see (or rather not see) of his eyes, I am going to agree with you. Let's hope the pictures didn't show the real him. :(

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
Hmm I'm not very experienced but of all the researching I've been doing I have not seen a russian with a shell like that and I can't even see that babies eyes in the picture...someone else will definetly chime in on this!!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Its hard to comment on his health without actually holding and examining him. I would be concerned that his eyes are closed in both pictures. Thats not a good sign. His beak looks a bit overgrown for his size. He is a little pyramided, not bad, but a bit. Based on the picture alone, and especially because his eyes are closed, I would not consider purchasing that tortoise, especially not for £150.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
i'd love to buy him and nurse him back to health but would be worried incase my other tortoises got infected by something
[/align]

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
pepsiandjac said:
i'd love to buy him and nurse him back to health but would be worried incase my other tortoises got infected by something
[/align]

Good point, you wouldn't be able to house them together immediately. The new one would need to be incubated and healthy before letting it anywhere near your existing torts. Another thing to keep in mind is vet costs. If he's sick, he'll need to be seen by a vet and may require tests, meds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.