Can they eat these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Saw these at Publix today. Are they safe and good for the Torts? I wasnt sure, but i am interested in trying them if they are. I picked up some Escarole though. Is ok to give that daily? I switch things up every week. Im still learning on the two newbies like as well. Olly didnt care for the collards. Here the pictures... They are different kinds of sprouts. Let me know which if any are good for them! Thanks.
20121107_162615-1.jpg
20121107_162621-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, but I wouldn't feed a whole lot or very often. I THINK that sprouts are loaded with protein.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Ok. I wasnt sure if they were the same as the clover weeds that grow in the yard... Lol. Whats the best thing to feed from the store once it gets to cold to graze or weeds freeze?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Turnip greens, escarole, dandelion greens, endive, zucchini

If your produce guy doesn't carry these you can ask if he'll order them for you.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
emysemys said:
Turnip greens, escarole, dandelion greens, endive, zucchini

If your produce guy doesn't carry these you can ask if he'll order them for you.

Olly loves Endives. I bought Escarole this week and her and the newbies love it. I havent seen dandelion greens. I have tried turnip and mustard greens. Olly didnt care to much for them. I will try zucchini though.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cooper don't like mustard greens one bit and he don't care much for kale, but he love's collard and turnip greens. I haven't tried escarole yet, so that's next on my list now!

EKLC

5 Year Member
the clover and alfalfa would be fine every once in awhile. But in my experience, not all tortoises know what to do with them.

EKLC

5 Year Member
biochemnerd808 said:
My torts turn their noses up at clover leaves, but one of them LOVES the flowers!

EKLC said:
the clover and alfalfa would be fine every once in awhile. But in my experience, not all tortoises know what to do with them.

Oh yea, mine are crazy about the full grown clover, but the sprouts, they looked suspiciously at then pooped on them

Status
Not open for further replies.