Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Funny you should ask that question today.

Yesterday as I was making my evening rounds, making sure everyone was put away for the night, one of my very young YF tortoises was backing out of a flower pot and looking strange. I thought he might have ants on him and picked him up. No ants, but his head was stuck. His beak couldn't get past the gular scutes (the part of the bottom shell that they rest their head on). I had to gently move his head over to the side and it came right out. He doesn't need a beak trim but the space between top and bottom shell does seem a bit small.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
well this happened to me yesterday morning, she got food stuck in her beak and i startled her i guess, and she then got her head stuck in her shell.. i tried to help her but she didnt want my assistance, but later she got it unstuck and all was well :) just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one ha

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
shes been really quite since then, so im not so sure whats going on...like if shes afraid or something

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
heyprettyrave said:
shes been really quite since then, so im not so sure whats going on...like if shes afraid or something

I am wondering if she as hurt her neck when getting stuck i would watch her for a few days and if she is the same get her checked out at the vets

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
she keeps stretching it out, shes just been acting very mellow i guess. but yeah your right i was worried about that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.