Can't stop me!

TortMomma

I need to find a man like you and marry him! Haha this is the stuff my dreams are made of. It's amazing!! Love seeing the progress!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do you have lights mounted like that in the Greenhouse? I've always wondered about tortoise lighting in that greenhouse.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Do you have lights mounted like that in the Greenhouse? I've always wondered about tortoise lighting in that greenhouse.
Yep sure do. I just ordered a bunch of the 150 wat CHE to replace the red bulbs. I don't like how they emit light. Going to be a costly test. But hopefully it will work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ah...gotcha! Looking good. Do you have a name for the other new house? Since it's painted tan-ish, how about the tan house?????

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
And then For UV I have 10 4' double bulb 10.0 T5HO. So 20 of those bad boys beaming over the torts.
image.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ah...gotcha! Looking good. Do you have a name for the other new house? Since it's painted tan-ish, how about the tan house?????
Well were calling it the mountain mansion. Yeah the tan paint was not a favorite. But can't beat 5 gallons of it for 20 bucks. There will be more torts put inside on the shelves. Some very very special ones that are do to come in a month or so. I figure maybe some plants to be painted or something on the walls. The terra cotta walls are pretty bland.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I can see the lighting in the greenhouse now. You probably just had it turned off for the pictures in the other thread.

Your Mountain Mansion is a great tort house. Something we can all wish we had. And the terra cotta walls really aren't bad. Once you get it all set up and populated it will be very pretty.

TortMomma

Aaaaa-maaaa-zzzzingggg!!! Love the progress! Can not wait to see the inhabitants! Loving the name "mountain mansion" too!!!
This is the stuff my dreams are made of!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Aaaaa-maaaa-zzzzingggg!!! Love the progress! Can not wait to see the inhabitants! Loving the name "mountain mansion" too!!!
This is the stuff my dreams are made of!
It's getting closer. I put some gates in the diver walls so it was easier to get to the shelf pens. That and the mountains are very good at climbing so the walls are over 2' tall and require a hop. Ha
image.jpg

TortMomma

Oh my gosh!!!! You are very talented! It's nicer than my house! I wouldn't mind sleeping there! I'm so impressed!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well a little more work done. Put the glass in for the soil layer of the smaller pens. Then started doing prototype doors. These enclosures will be completely sealed and temperature controlled within the enclosure for some special arrivals.

Put the glass in first. It's 13" tall so should be able to handle a good 10" of soil for these enclosures.
image.jpg

Then I liquid nailed some double wall poly sheeting for the bottom. 80 year Urethane(super caulking) caulked the corners for a good soil and liquid retaining purposes.
image.jpg
image.jpg

And now the door for the enclosures. This is just the frame. I don't like it to be honest it's too bulky to me. I may just custom fab something out of smaller thinner wood. Plexi glass will be placed in the inside after the door is painted as well. (It's just a prototype so don't worry about the length, I'm aware it's longer than enclosure :) )
image.jpg

I put the door on a piano hinge for easy open/close and longer life.
image.jpg

That's it for now folks. Until tonight. Muahaha

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Dude. This is amazing. ALL OF IT. nice work!