Cantaloupe and celery?

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Sometimes I feed my tortoise some cantaloupe and celery! She LOVES it and I know that fruit is not the best for them and that I should not feed her that often but is celery bad for her? And is cantaloupe really bad for her?? She is a Russian ;) ImageUploadedByTortForum1387037262.332512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
The celery is not high in food value, but higher in water content which means by all means giving a little along with a properly balanced variety diet is fine. In large quanities or as a substantial part of the diet it is not good.The cantaloupe is a fruit and as such a rare special treat of a bite or two will not hurt. Too much and too often could cause health problems.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Thank you so much! I guess her special meal will only be given to her once a month:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
The celery is not high in food value, but higher in water content which means by all means giving a little along with a properly balanced variety diet is fine. In large quanities or as a substantial part of the diet it is not good.The cantaloupe is a fruit and as such a rare special treat of a bite or two will not hurt. Too much and too often could cause health problems.

I AGREE!!! I AGREE!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*after taking one for myself with cheese on it, hands Tom the celery stick platter* Your looking a little dehydrated today. :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Jacqui said:
*after taking one for myself with cheese on it, hands Tom the celery stick platter* Your looking a little dehydrated today. :)

Ha ha ha!!!