care to sex Large Marge here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holliewould

5 Year Member
She is about 15 lbs. What do you think? Too early to tell yet? She is a 6 year old. I am told she is a she, but I want to be sure. I researched a tortoise penis and it is something I never want to see in real life. EVER! Bleagghhh.

underside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Basing it off the anal scutes I say male. Is the plastron (bottom shell) concaving at all? I cant see the tail at all. A tortoise penis is definitely something you dont want to see. :) Definitely big enough to identify.

holliewould

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Basing it off the anal scutes I say male. Is the plastron (bottom shell) concaving at all? I cant see the tail at all.

I cannot see the tail at all either. Even when she/he/it is tooling around. Hmmm let me go and get some more pics real quick.

and I did not notice concaving. I will be right back with some other views. :)

Here are three more views.

concave1.jpg

concave2.jpg

top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Tale makes it look female but the anal gulars make it look male since their turned out and not in.Is its belly flat or sunk in, most of the time females are flat or pushing out towards the ground and males are sunk in like their holding their breath.

holliewould

5 Year Member
I do notice that the under belly, the whole under belly has a concave to it.

waterboy said:
Tale makes it look female but the anal gulars make it look male since their turned out and not in.Is its belly flat or sunk in, most of the time females are flat or pushing out towards the ground and males are sunk in like their holding their breath.

Yeap looks like his breath is being held in.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
sorry for same post my comp was glitching and did not see other. From your latest pics i would say 90 percent male. Once he gets to 16 to 20 inches you will see what you dont want to see

holliewould

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Definitely a male. :)

Perfect! Okay so I am freaked out about seeing that penis of his EVER. Will he forewarn me before he plops that thing out so I can look away?

waterboy said:
sorry for same post my comp was glitching and did not see other. From your latest pics i would say 90 percent male. Once he gets to 16 to 20 inches you will see what you dont want to see

I want to avoid seeing it like the plague. I saw that thing on youtube and pretty much had to bleach my eyes afterwards.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Top of shell looks dry in pic you should take some warm water and a sponge and scrub off the old dead skin and make sure he is getting lots of sun.

holliewould

5 Year Member
waterboy said:
Top of shell looks dry in pic you should take some warm water and a sponge and scrub off the old dead skin and make sure he is getting lots of sun.

I just got him today. He has never had a water bowl. He had a few soakings today and his shell absorbed it immediately. That flaky stuff you see is spray paint. All of them are spray painted and nail polished.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tail's tucked...but gulars and anal spread say Marge is...actually Homer!

holliewould

5 Year Member
Haha. Awesome. Thank you folks. Now I know what to look for which I am not looking forward too. This guy wont get all thorny on my leg and stuff will he? Oh dear. I just do not want to see that thing in real life. I hope he doesn't turn into love making tank.

holliewould

5 Year Member
Sorry? Noooooo don't be sorry. My family will be sorry when I run in screaming like a two year old tho haha. I hope tortoises don't embarrass easily because I will literally scream and then point :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
You will be fine. However, the male I babysat for loved to "flash". It was awesome (gag).

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Just get some boulders and spread them randomly throughout the yard and he can mount those instead of mating with your stuff or your foot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.