Cat with Urinary blockage PU surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Has anyone had any expereince with this? Get surgery? Successful? Do they still need special diet afterwards?
My male cat is having issues and surgery was recommended. but its very $$$. The difference in price is amazing.. I dont want to shop around and **** off my Vet, but he is very high...
Ugh....

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww that sucks. I hope your cat is feeling better soon. Vet costs are crazy for surgeries and such.

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura said:
Has anyone had any expereince with this? Get surgery? Successful? Do they still need special diet afterwards?
My male cat is having issues and surgery was recommended. but its very $$$. The difference in price is amazing.. I dont want to shop around and **** off my Vet, but he is very high...
Ugh....

I personally would not hesitate at all. I have lost several cats with a urinary blockage. Sometimes they can catheterize them and break up the blockage. I lost a very favorite cat who was only 5 years old because he was blocked. The urine backs up and the toxins are released thru the body...and zap! Dead...so why don't you see if your Vet would let you make payments...you don't have to tell him you're shopping around...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i can make payments. My friends vet does the surgery with great success.. for a third of the price! planned for mon.. poor guy is misarable.. catheter not comfortable and it is even getting clogged.. i have to flush it lightly and express his bladder.. cant wait till monday!

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm so sorry he's hurting. It's just an awful thing to happen to a beloved pet. Keep us posted

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good luck to your cat and to you Laura,
I am sorry to hear your cat is suffering :(
Please keep us posted

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had a cat with a urinary blockage, so I understand what you and your poor baby are going through. I'm sending good kitty thoughts your way.

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I pick him up today.. Vet said he did great! I also found another location to do the surgery that charge 1/2 of what my vet charged.. so now we just hope for good recovery and no future problems!
thank you all for all your good thoughts our way!

Karyn

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Boothywn, Pennsylvania
Glad to hear your kitty came through surgery well. Will keep the two of you in my thoughts!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
He is home and PEEING!!! :)
He looks like a monkey Butt.. red and bald.. HA! and due to some swelling.. he has Butt cheeks.. kinda cute.
Instead of peeing thru a urethra the size of a pencil lead.. he now pees thru one the size of a pencil.. so crystals will go thru.. he will still get bladder infections, but those are manageable. so for now.. Fisherman booboo kitty is home and happy to be!

RachelleC

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Do you have him on canned food? Canned food is better for cats because of the water content. Most cats do not drink enough water and feeding them the canned food helps them get the water they need which can help urinary problems

Status
Not open for further replies.