Cato Growth..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
This is a small update, for those wondering. Just went through a rough time with Cato. Last week I went to his cage to check on him and i noticed he was shaking/twitching. Obviously thats a big sign of MBD and I started feeling horrible. I didn't want to lose another reptile. So i reached out and contacted Johnny over at tegu terra ( really nice guy ), and he thought it was impaction. I gave him several soaks, and finally he was pooping again, and the impaction passed. I thought he was better Except he wasn't eating, and he was starting to get skinny. I know with reptiles they can go off feeding but of course i looked up his symptoms and read several threads where tegu's ended up dying with similar issues. ( Panic attack on my end ) Luckily he was shedding the next day, which is why his appetite was gone and was also most likely getting over the stomach problems. He finally shed and now for the past 3 days is back to feeding like a hog and is as healthy as ever. Jtrux asked me today how big he was, so i measured, and he is now 20 inches! The beginning of this month he was around 16, thats crazy! And he's only turning 3 months old on the 2nd of next month. looks like he's gonna be a giant :) So thats my small update, now some pictures of my handsome man.

image-8.jpeg
image-9.jpeg
image-10.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That is one awesome lizard!

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
I know I don't like to eat when I'm constipated...

Glad he's back to normal, he's lucky to have a responsible owner.
Crazy how fast they grow huh?

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I'm so relieved Cato is alright. I hope you two have a long and happy life together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.