Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Time to raise the wall!
IMAG0212.jpg

DanikaM

5 Year Member
Lol, you have quite the escape artist there! What you can do is put a board or something heavy over the corners so he can't get out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cap those corners!

I think this was a saying over at the CTTC.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Once they do learn there is greener grass on the other side, kids just never want to stay home any more. :D

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
As Danika and Tom said, put something over the tops of the corners. The height of the wall really doesn't matter much since they'll just keep climbing once they decide to go up, and a higher wall means a longer fall. But if the corners (the only place they can really dig in and climb) are covered at the top of the wall, he won't be able to get out.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I did cap the corners but it ended up being too hot for them out there. One came close to cooking unfortunately but she recovered luckily after a very long soak and pampering. I'll have to wait for the grass and weeds to grow so there'll be more shade as this was a new enclosure. Back to the tort table!

PS I'll have a to get a pic of one of my Greeks, she's quite the escape artist herself! I've found her 3 feet up a fence frozen in fear! Haha

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Arizona Sulcata said:
I did cap the corners but it ended up being too hot for them out there. One came close to cooking unfortunately but she recovered luckily after a very long soak and pampering. I'll have to wait for the grass and weeds to grow so there'll be more shade as this was a new enclosure. Back to the tort table!

PS I'll have a to get a pic of one of my Greeks, she's quite the escape artist herself! I've found her 3 feet up a fence frozen in fear! Haha

Haha those damn testudo are some climbers!!! But they got nothing on the pancake. Those things can climb better than they can walk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.