CDT in an urban park

zovick

10 Year Member!
Wow! Is it possible that someone released it there after picking it up and bringing it back from its natural range? Or maybe it escaped from someone nearby who had been authorized to adopt it as a rescued animal.

Did you leave it in the park? It might be a good idea to call the CA Fish and Game Dept. or whatever state agency regulates the rescues of Desert Tortoises and report the sighting so it can be collected legally before something bad happens to it.

enchilada

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
Wow! Is it possible that someone released it there after picking it up and bringing it back from its natural range? Or maybe it escaped from someone nearby who had been authorized to adopt it as a rescued animal.

Did you leave it in the park? It might be a good idea to call the CA Fish and Game Dept. or whatever state agency regulates the rescues of Desert Tortoises and report the sighting so it can be collected legally before something bad happens to it.
a local guy told me he saw this tortoise 3 times since he moved here in the 90s. He walks his dog here everyday. He told me we are extremely lucky.
this tortoise is not afraid of people. I guess this is her home here for decades.