Changing in indian star shell colour

rolley

I just have a question about the change in shell colour, I don't know what happened but I'm noticing some general discoloration of my [emoji93]'s shell....it's summer season here and I'm soaking her twice a day...is soaking the reason ?..I don't want my tort to turn like these...is there anything I can do for the colour ?
P.s- these pictures are just for examples of fade in colour images%20(3).jpegimages%20(2).jpeg

N

no one

I recognize the pictures from google. Lol

As for your question, I think those are much older Star Tortoises. Cause colors will fade when a Tortoise gets older.

The idea that my Star will get so old and will still be with me when I am a old lady... that is one thing I look forward to. *smile*

PA2019

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
debora is right about age and shell coloration. If you look at my profile picture, the first 2 in the forefront of the photo are my males. The first tortoise is much younger than the second and the difference in coloration is striking.

I have found that when a bit of coconut oil is added to the shell, the colors tend to 'pop' a bit more.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Does she possibly have hard water/mineral build up on her shell? Photos would help if you can take any.