CHE fixture

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
You definitely want a ceramic socket since these get pretty hot :)

Awesome, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything different I needed to put it in. I could just use the same I use for my MVB then, right? :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
CHEs get hotter than regular bulbs of the same wattage, so I like to make sure my fixtures are rated for something higher than the wattage of my CHE. For example, if my CHE is 100 watts, I will use a fixture rated to 250 watts or more.

If your CHE is a 60 watt, then a ceramic fixture rated to 150 watts or more should work just fine.

I wouldn't use a 100 watt CHE in a desk lamp fixture that was rated to 100 watts, in other words.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
CHEs get hotter than regular bulbs of the same wattage, so I like to make sure my fixtures are rated for something higher than the wattage of my CHE. For example, if my CHE is 100 watts, I will use a fixture rated to 250 watts or more.

If your CHE is a 60 watt, then a ceramic fixture rated to 150 watts or more should work just fine.

I wouldn't use a 100 watt CHE in a desk lamp fixture that was rated to 100 watts, in other words.

Perfect advice, thank you!