Cheap indoor enclosure!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Addis, LA
Kevin (my awesome husband) suggests we put it on a table for easy accessible and lights and heating [emoji847]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
He’s the nerdy, so that’s his job, I’m the creative one [emoji23]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Soo have industrial garbage bags and 6 dollar tree shower liners (best thing for maintaining humidity)...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good idea.
You could use cable ties through the shelf holes as well as the tape for extra strength.
Looking forward to seeing it finished with the base etc.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I’m thinking plywood for bottom for strength on top smaller table and then industrial garbage bags then on top of that dollar tree shower liners ( seriously you can’t by too many ). They are $3.00 at Walmart... exactly same.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Custom enclosure would be great except we are both working overtime and exhausted, so while walking around came up with this, need fast cheaper than all wood enclosure, I think think this is perfect! I’d have gone way bigger but no room! It’s just temp until summer!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I’ll keep posting as we go, will be done in couple days..,hubby working 12 hour night shifts and me 9 hour days [emoji15]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
He works at CF INDUSTRY in Donaldsonville ,LA and I work at BCBSLA in Ancillary Operations (advertising plug) [emoji23]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I love zip ties...……… Ugh...…………….. I feel so stupid, but I always overthink things... guess I was thinking about containing substrate...…….. adding zip ties for reinforcement.. @Tom..... am I on to something … cheap temp baby enclosure...Also. temp enclosure will be tore apart at new place and re-purposed for tort garden!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey... have we seen a pix of your young Sully? What size are we talking?

You might find it hard to heat, and maintain humidity with so many connecting pieces. But, good luck, keep posting.

Happy Torting.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You are so inventive. Who would have thought of that!! Great idea. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I've turned a broken fridge into a green house... pictures \s to follow.... Daisy will only eat home grown weeds and greens, so I'm in a panic... had our patio fridge that went out...….. hubby wanted it tossed (it only contained beer and party food....

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Sio I always feel like I can improve ! I have a daughter at LSU and another that Got in a near death work incident with a 5 year old,