Cheap Outdoor Enclosure for Cherryheads

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
Hello,

I just finished outside enclosure for my cherryhead gang and thought I could share. It is a very cheap one. The major expense was 4 raised bed corners (50 bucks from Gardeners Supply) and two 2x4x8 cut in a half from the store 17 USD).

I got all plants from the discount rack at Home depot, banana trees for 3 bucks, grapes for 4 bucks, etc. Cypress mulch was like 5 bucks a bag or so.

So the whole thing was less than 100 bucks.

DSCF5334.JPGDSCF5335.JPGDSCF5336.JPGDSCF5337.JPGDSCF5338.JPGDSCF5340.JPG

My old enclosure in a plastic bin: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/post-392774.html?mode=linear#pid392774

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Gosh that looks nice. How lucky you are to be living in Florida where you can have such beautiful plants and lots of sunshine. The tortoises look very happy.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Yvonne G said:
Gosh that looks nice. How lucky you are to be living in Florida where you can have such beautiful plants and lots of sunshine. The tortoises look very happy.

Being in Florida definitely helps :) and I love that they routinely mark down so many amazing plants here so people can get them for next to nothing. With little love these plants could really flourish and it is a win-win for everyone.