Cherry head yearling walks pigeon-toed?

SMK

Location (City and/or State)
Greater NYC area
Hi, my 1 year old Cherry head tortoise hatchling walks with her front feet pointing inward toward each other. I would film it but it’s a bit difficult with an iPad.

She doesn’t have any difficulty walking.

Is this normal?
Thanks.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As long as it walks with its body fully elevated off of the ground, it should be alright.
Many tortoises exhibit small variations on what might be considered "walking normally".
Good mobility without dragging a leg or the shell or any obvious issues with a leg or a foot we'll consider good.
Simply walking with the body fully off of the ground shows strength and general health. And somewhat bowl legged sounds like a decent, normal description of normal.

Reactions: SMK

SMK

Greater NYC area
As long as it walks with its body fully elevated off of the ground, it should be alright.
Many tortoises exhibit small variations on what might be considered "walking normally".
Good mobility without dragging a leg or the shell or any obvious issues with a leg or a foot we'll consider good.
Simply walking with the body fully off of the ground shows strength and general health. And somewhat bowl legged sounds like a decent, normal description of normal.
Yes, she does walk raised up and looks strong. I’m grateful for this as when she was younger she walked low and seemed feeble, so that’s an improvement for sure:) Thanks for your reassurance!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
They’re always a little pigeon toed. Entirely normal :)

If you want us to check it out, video it on your phone, upload to YouTube and post the link here.

Reactions: SMK