Cherryhead cage size questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yates

5 Year Member
I have two almost year old cherryeads and they are each just under 4 inches long. They are in an glass terrarium that is 48in long by 18 in wide- I copied Terry O's setup and they look happy and healthy but is that size to small? I will post a pic later- any advice?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Are they active and move about comfortably? Do they get any outside time? Is yes, then I believe they will be fine for a bit longer...:D I believe pics will make it a bit easier to see better, you know? :p

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Red-footeds can do OK in somewhat cramped conditions, but pretty much all torts do best in roomy spaces. The European standard that I like the most is to offer at least 8 shell lengths by 4 shell lengths for 1 or 2 torts, and 8x8 for 2 to 4.

Since these guys will usually hit about 12" long, that is a lot of space.

Yates

5 Year Member
IMG_6688.jpgIMG_6690.jpgPics of my two guys in glass cage- they seem to not move around a lot but they always run out when I bring them food in the am/ their eyes look good, weight feels good, 80-90 percent humidity and about 78-90 degress temperature gradient. I do take them outside once a week- I will do more when it gets a little warmer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
That should be good for at least another year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.