CherryHead Red Foots Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
I have two 4 inch juvenelles and one 6.5 inch subadult female.
I live in Huntington beach, CA and was wondering if anyone keeps their redfoots outside all night. The weather is warming up and I'd rather leave them out so they dont get stressed.

any feedback would be great.

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
I would say as long as it doesn't get down below 75F they should be fine. I would be more concerned if they were safe from predators.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have 3 cherryhead rescue babies about 2 or 3yrs old that are up for adoption, and three appx. 4 yr old yellowfoot babies that I hatched out myself. I have an outdoor habitat about 3' x 8' and over the top I put a pvc pipe up from the two fence posts on the long side. Then I bent them over to the roof of the yellowfoot house which is next door to these small pens. I tied shade cloth to the pvc pipe so the whole thing is covered, but its tall enough for me to get in. There are lots of plants inside and it is quite moist. During the spring and fall I take them out of the nighttime shed in the a.m. and put them back into the shed in the p.m. But something happened to my routine last night and I forgot to put them inside. Was totally shocked when I went out this a.m. to bring them outside and have absolutely NO memory of forgetting to bring them in!! Old Age is the pits!!! Anyway, the nights here in Central Calif are in the high 50's. When I put the food down in front of the babies, they all ate and there was nothing wrong with them. (However, I'm still going to keep bringing them in until it gets to be in the upper 60's at night!)

Yvonne

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
I have 3 cherryhead rescue babies about 2 or 3yrs old that are up for adoption, and three appx. 4 yr old yellowfoot babies that I hatched out myself. I have an outdoor habitat about 3' x 8' and over the top I put a pvc pipe up from the two fence posts on the long side. Then I bent them over to the roof of the yellowfoot house which is next door to these small pens. I tied shade cloth to the pvc pipe so the whole thing is covered, but its tall enough for me to get in. There are lots of plants inside and it is quite moist. During the spring and fall I take them out of the nighttime shed in the a.m. and put them back into the shed in the p.m. But something happened to my routine last night and I forgot to put them inside. Was totally shocked when I went out this a.m. to bring them outside and have absolutely NO memory of forgetting to bring them in!! Old Age is the pits!!! Anyway, the nights here in Central Calif are in the high 50's. When I put the food down in front of the babies, they all ate and there was nothing wrong with them. (However, I'm still going to keep bringing them in until it gets to be in the upper 60's at night!)

Yvonne

I left mine out last night as well. The all did fine.
i'm interested in adopting the babies. How do I go about it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
sushisurf13 said:

First of all, you would have to live close enough to me that I could come over and take a look at your habitat to be sure its safe. If its ok, you come pick up your tortoise. No fee.

Yvonne

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
sushisurf13 said:

First of all, you would have to live close enough to me that I could come over and take a look at your habitat to be sure its safe. If its ok, you come pick up your tortoise. No fee.

Yvonne

Well Im in Huntington Beach. I have been keeping torts for 15 years and have never lost one. My yard is very secure. I have 17 torts as my pets and they are all thriving. I understand if you cant do a yard check. Maybe someone from CTTC can do it? Ive been through it before and they seem to like my setup.
take care

Eric

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Hey Eric be sure to post pics of your setups for us to see as well :D We all love to see tort AND setup pics. Its nice to see how everyone keeps their torts, and I always get new ideas from pics of other setups.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
JustAnja said:
Hey Eric be sure to post pics of your setups for us to see as well :D We all love to see tort AND setup pics. Its nice to see how everyone keeps their torts, and I always get new ideas from pics of other setups.

will do

Status
Not open for further replies.