Chipmunks are they Harmful?

Boxturtle1

Hello-I am new to Forum and have adopted four beautiful Russians. Built a spacious outside enclosure in May here in lovely zone 7, Virginia Piedmont with lots of hides and visual barriers and rotating edible plants in and out for recovery lol.
Enclosure is near our bird feeders long edge of woods where it gets midday shade from the intense summer sun and morning and afternoon rays and the adoptees seem to love it and eat like Hampshire hogs.
So I have noticed our native Eastern Chipmunks coming and going through the mesh of the wire used to cover the enclosure. My thought is they are coming for a drink since I have two water bowls and remove food after ten minutes or so.
Any feedback on Chipmunks or other rodents harming torts? My mesh is meant to exclude raccoons, skunks, dogs and cats and crows.
Thanks!
Matt

turdle yerdle

Location (City and/or State)
IL
Chipmunks may give your tortoises foreign diseases, and might chew on your tort's. I'm not sure but you'll have to get more feedback. If they are a problem put some water for them away from the enclosure.;):tort:

AJK Aquaria

I had ground and Fox squirrels invading an outdoor enclosure and stealing the fruits I had out for the turtles. Once the electric wire went up around the perimeter of the enclosure, they have not visited.

Rue

Canada
As far as I know...chipmunks won't be a danger...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They might try to eat babies, but they are unlikely to bother an adult russian. Still, I wouldn't want them in there eating the tortoises food. And your tortoises should be able to graze all day.