Indoor Enclosure Options

augie1975

Location (City and/or State)
ontario
I started with an aquarium, then graduated to these plastic enclosures : 1] Rubbermaid, 42 inches by 17 inches. 2] the black cement mixing tray, 3 feet by 2 feet.

Then I bought a plastic folding table, 4 feet by two feet, built a wall of plywood and 4 by 4's on top of it, and lined it with plastic , stapling and taping the edges on the outside of the enclosure. This enclosure is for the Male Eastern Box Turtle who needs to be housed alone.

For the four others, I used 2 tables, end to end, and did the same. As the turtles grew, I attached an 'addition'. It is now an 8-foot by 3 foot enclosure for one shy Three Toed male and 3 females : Florida, Gulf Coast Black and Gulf Coast Tan phase. All are over 13 cm and 400 grams now.

So far it has worked splendidly but I am always looking for improvements.

They are outdoors now. Due to raccoons, dogs, cats, foxes, crows, chipmunks, and weasels, I can only manage 12 foot by 3-foot enclosure of wire mesh top to bottom and underneath .The advice I just received on this site regarding CHEs will allow me to keep them out longer into the fall.

Attachments

• Previous Enclosures.jpg
    Previous Enclosures.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • Indoor Enclosure 4 feet by 2 feet.jpg
    Indoor Enclosure 4 feet by 2 feet.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Indoor Enclosure 8 feet by 3 feet.jpg
    Indoor Enclosure 8 feet by 3 feet.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • Outdoor Enclosures 4 by 4 & 12 by 3.5 feet.jpg
    Outdoor Enclosures 4 by 4 & 12 by 3.5 feet.jpg