Chirping noises??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Why does my little Leopard run around the table making what sounds to be likr chirping noises? Is this normal he seems ok and full of energy just making some funny noises.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Richsandwich said:
Why does my little Leopard run around the table making what sounds to be likr chirping noises? Is this normal he seems ok and full of energy just making some funny noises.

Are you sure he isn't clicking his beak?

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Not sure. I've had mine for almost 4 months now and never heard it make a noise except when it ducks into its shell. Then you hear the hissing sound of air escaping.

Maybe it has a respiratory infection?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Is it making a squeaking noise or clicking noise?

arotester

5 Year Member
it might be noise when the tort rubs his jaws(beak),same as rubbing of human teeth against each other.But still check for the symptoms though.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Yeah I would say it sounds like a little squeak not clicking from the beak. I'm a little worried but not over concerned seeing he seems energetic and eating pretty good. Maybe he's a little sick from being stuck with ups an extra night or maybe that's just his personality.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Richsandwich said:
Yeah I would say it sounds like a little squeak not clicking from the beak. I'm a little worried but not over concerned seeing he seems energetic and eating pretty good. Maybe he's a little sick from being stuck with ups an extra night or maybe that's just his personality.

well if you say its a squeak, not a click or chirp, then I'd raise the temps a little bit and give him nice warm soaks daily.

my baby leopard clicks her beak and it scared me at first too lol. but i discovered it was her beak, so if i were you, i wouldn't risk it. raise the temps a little bit.

could you tell us your temps ? basking, cool side, warm side and night time? i don't want to tell you to raise them if they are high already.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Yeah temps are 82 on the low side and 104 on the high side. Inside his hide is 94-96 and the overall ambient temp is around 78. Humidity was at 65% this morning. He gets 2 warm soaks 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
I hear it after he does his soaking. So basically twice a day and for 10-15 min and then he stops doing it. Its not constant with every breathe so no ryhme or reason as to when he does it. And also no noises while he sleeps in his hide. At night he wanders in there on his own and spends the night in there.I was using the red infared light at night but switched it last night to a Che.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Richsandwich said:
I hear it after he does his soaking. So basically twice a day and for 10-15 min and then he stops doing it. Its not constant with every breathe so no ryhme or reason as to when he does it. And also no noises while he sleeps in his hide. At night he wanders in there on his own and spends the night in there.I was using the red infared light at night but switched it last night to a Che.

i might know what the noise is...i notice after i bathe my tortoises, sometimes water gets stuck in the neck....folds :D my leopard makes a squish noise like she's eating pudding but I've come to realize its her bringing her head in quickly and the water being pushed out.

all your temps seem good....i wouldn't let the ambient temperature of the entire enclosure drop below 80. but everything else sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.