Chuck found the dog food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I let Chuck out of his pen to roam in the yard. I do this as often as I can. He usually heads over to the fruit trees to see if he can score a fallen peach. Along the way he munches on any dandelion flowers he can find. When he wasn't where I though he should be I searched some of his hides, but they were empty. Then I found him munching on Abby's (our 17 year old schipperke) food. I never thought that he would be interested in her food or be able to get into her food bowl. Not sure how much he ate but I doubt it will hurt him any. Because of her age Abby is on a high fiber, low protein diet. When I feed Mazuri to Chuck Abby gets the left overs. So I guess this is fair.

2012-06-25_14-40-07_642.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Great oic....should be fine...just remind him to leave the dog food alone....lol...well, now you have one more place to check when he is mucking about....and he is beautiful...:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Chuck is an awesome looking tortoise Joe.

I bet the next time you let him out, he runs straight to that area where the dog food bowl was. :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
He is a perfect looking tortoise, Fruit will be his second choice now that he found the dog food. He will try to find that bowl everytime

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Sullies, bunch of mischievous little turds. I love them, and yours looks awesome. Though the thought of your 17 year old dog makes me kind of sad, my little buddy had just turned 18. Take care of your old puppy, give her a belly rub for me.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Tom said:
Chuck is an awesome looking tortoise Joe.

I bet the next time you let him out, he runs straight to that area where the dog food bowl was. :)

Thanks Tom. You are right about Chuck running to the dog food area. The good news is that the dog food is easier to get out of his reach than the dog poop, or the fallen fruit for that matter.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah, I have a peach tree too. I have to block that area off from the dogs and the torts until its done fruiting every year. Pain in the arse. And no one in my family even eats peaches. All of our guests leave with a big bag though.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I have a question sulcata experts! What color should his shell be at 5 years?

I am not an expert and I don't have an answer to your question. However, you will get more responses to your question by starting a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.