Clarification on feeding Mazuri, Supplements, and Diet

fstih

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Hello!
I recently got a Russian tortoise and have been doing a lot of research regarding diet but have stumbled on a few questions I need clarification on so I can keep my tort happy and healthy.

For context:
I have the Mazuri LS Diet for Russian tortoises and calcium powder as my only non green foods
I feed him his greens daily and sprinkle calcium powder twice a week

1. Should I buy additional supplements to sprinkle alongside the calcium? If so, any recommendations?

2. Should I give him mazuri alone, or does it have to be alongside his greens?

3. Is it a healthy diet if I feed him the recommended greens daily and sprinkle calcium + powdered Mazuri LS Diet twice a week?

The portions I feed daily are greens (collared, mustard, lettuce, spring mix, etc.) about the size of his shell. (I make sure to chop them after measuring the appropriate amount)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First add to the greens better stuff like arugula, escarole, endive, riddichio mustard and collard should not be part of the main daily diet.
Sprinkle calcium 2 x a week like you are k
You can feed soaked mazuri on a day without any greens.
IF feeding an adult do not cut up the greens, better to let them rip it themselves.
Also, feed enough that it last him the day to graze on off and on.

fstih

NJ
First add to the greens better stuff like arugula, escarole, endive, riddichio mustard and collard should not be part of the main daily diet.
Sprinkle calcium 2 x a week like you are k
You can feed soaked mazuri on a day without any greens.
IF feeding an adult do not cut up the greens, better to let them rip it themselves.
Also, feed enough that it last him the day to graze on off and on.
I see, thank you so much! I will implement all these starting tomorrow!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome!

How old is your Russian?😊

Don’t suppose you’d mind sharing a photo of your set up? Along with a pic of your little one, it’s nice to see with new members🐢💚