Cleaning a sulcata

Aaron23

5 Year Member
Hey just wondering what people do to keep there sulcatas clean other than just soaking them? Mine is around a year old.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Sometimes I spray Charlie with the hose. Most of the time I let him be. Some people gently scrub with a toothbrush during the soak.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't have a sulcata, but leopards. Whatever comes clean in a soak is all the clean they get. Except the females. When they nest, they get mud caked to them. That I will make sure is washed off but that's it.

Bambam1989

East Texas
My little sulcata gets lightly rubbed with a soft toothbrush during his daily soaks. This is more in an attempt to get him accustomed to being rubbed than to actually clean him. Seems to be working so far, received him this Tuesday and he has already stopped hiding in his shell while I rub.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My little sulcata gets lightly rubbed with a soft toothbrush during his daily soaks. This is more in an attempt to get him accustomed to being rubbed than to actually clean him. Seems to be working so far, received him this Tuesday and he has already stopped hiding in his shell while I rub.

Your little one has seen a toothbrush several times. :)