Climbing glass wall...

Pjfarm

Location (City and/or State)
Nh usa
Hi, ok so Rocky has been busy redecorating his enclosure and moving his log, tree, etc. Yesterday we caught him on his Rocky Cam trying to climb his glass. We are still trying to sort out a new enclosure. He has a "scene" on one side of the enclosure...and I can add more but it is only one side he has been doing this on. He may even been banging his head (?).

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
You can try masking part of the glass so he can’t see through it. Clearly he’s been someplace bigger and he isn’t going to be comfortable until he is in something larger.

awioa

New Mexico
Hi, ok so Rocky has been busy redecorating his enclosure and moving his log, tree, etc. Yesterday we caught him on his Rocky Cam trying to climb his glass. We are still trying to sort out a new enclosure. He has a "scene" on one side of the enclosure...and I can add more but it is only one side he has been doing this on. He may even been banging his head (?).
I have that problem. I ended up draping a towel over the sides. It also helps keep the humidity in.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Unless you are using some sort of custom made 1000 pound glass behemoth, there is no glass tank large enough for a russian tortoise. They need a foot print of at least 4x8'. Housing them in small quarters creates a lot of stress, hampers the GI tract, and leads to obsessive escape attempts like what you are seeing.