Close call!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR TORTS! I dunno what this idiot was thinking but I came outside to this the other day.Screenshot_20230815_091149_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230814_215206_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20230814_215148_Messenger.jpg The Spider plant in front of the hide you see that is usually in the pot you see next to the wall and sitting in the corner where the wood brace is. My best guess is he knocked the plant down, then used the pot somehow to scale the wall. Once He got out I think he started second guessing himself on making it back to South America. I think he didn't know what to do so tried to get back in. I think he was then able to scale the black pot with potatoes growing and from there on top of the hide and then he was stuck and couldn't get down. I hadn't checked them in a couple hrs so who knows how long he was up there lol. I'm glad I came out and looked when I did though.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Wow, they just are never happy with what they have. Good thing he stopped to rethink what he did. The area behind him looks like a never ending hiding spot.
It's literally acres of woods, id never find himand he wouldn't survive winter. I've since gone higher with wood and capped all the corners.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I would have LOVED watching that! Glad you found him in time!

So true.....there are fewer things more entertaining than watching a turtle, who doesn't know he's being watched, escape! The way they crane their necks to impossible lengths, the tenacity, the sheer will sometimes to overcome...but so cool to watch!