Closed chamber enclosure

Tristianbp

Location (City and/or State)
Carthage Missouri
I've had my baby sulcata for a couple weeks now and joined this forum to find out the care info I was given is wrong. So now I'm throwing together a temporary closed chamber with a sterilite tub. But I can't figure out a way to hang the lights in it. Any ideas would be great

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have cut holes in the lid. Line the hole rim with tin foil and set the lights over the hole.
I also have used plastic too make a tent over the box. This gives more head room to hang lights. Use pvc pipes too make a bracket that sits over the box and then enclose the whole thing with plastic.
Portable raised garden beds or green houses work well too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
IMG_3005.JPG IMG_3017.jpg
First pic is my tote box covers with plastic.
Second pic is just an idea of the portable pop up greenhouses that work great. There are smaller ones too. If it doesn't have a floor a tart works good and lights can be hung from the frame.

daniellenc

Maryland
61BDCE2D-3763-4531-A6BA-AF6CB8667A80.jpeg FC1FA7D5-A737-426C-8BD3-276B5A243BE1.jpeg EBD263F9-C785-4979-A641-0B5C4B098E05.jpeg I drilled my lights in and cut a hole for the CHE. There are many different methods you’ll find searching here and all work well.

daniellenc

Maryland
Just monitor your temps if that's an MVB since they can't be run on a thermostat and get extra hot unless positioned high enough depending on the wattage.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is looking good. When you do your next enclosure, which will be in 2 or 3 months, get something much larger and put the lights on the inside. MUCH more efficient and much less desiccating that way. I like the enclosures from Animal Plastics the best, but their's take months to get. Quality, customer service, and price all get an A+++ from me, but their delivery times are dismal. Animal Plastics is much more interested in producing quality than quantity. This means you get an excellent enclosure at a fair price every single time, but they take a long time to arrive. I'd rather wait for a perfect enclosure than get a crappy enclosure that comes sooner. Reptile Basics also has nice enclosures that are a little smaller (2x4'), but you can get them much sooner.