Closed chamber humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjr153

5 Year Member
If you have a closed chamber, do you still have to have a Reptifogger to keep the humidity at 80%ish. Can you hold that number by spraying alone?

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
In my very limited experience, you wouldn't need a Reptifogger. I use a combination of spraying the moss-only parts of my enclosure coupled with pouring in some water into the substrate (cypress mulch) to keep the bottom moist but the top dry. You'll be very surprised with how easy it is to keep things very humid in a closed chamber.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I have a closed chamber and my reptifogger still kicks itself on a decent amount. There is a small gap that heat and humidity escape across the tops of the doors that I need to seal. But if its truly closed chamber I don't think you will need one as long as u mist.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In my closed chambers with the lights inside and no openings, I don't use a fogger or misting. I spray the shells a few times a day and occasionally dump clean water into the substrate, but its actually fairly dry to the touch in there most of the time. Humidity hovers around 80% all the time.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
In my 40gal tank modified into a closed chamber I have no fogger or mister. My humidity is always between 80 and 99. I spray/mist with a water bottle maybe once a week.. It's perfect in there.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.