Closed Chamber: Leopard Edition

Melissa319

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
outside of Phoenix, AZ
I'm so thankful you bumped this post up. I've been struggling to come up with something decently sized to move my little ones into, and this is absolutely perfect. I'll be ordering it soon and am so excited to get it set up for them for overnights and winter housing once that time rolls around.

@Elohi - can you estimate how much coco coir you used?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm so thankful you bumped this post up. I've been struggling to come up with something decently sized to move my little ones into, and this is absolutely perfect. I'll be ordering it soon and am so excited to get it set up for them for overnights and winter housing once that time rolls around.

@Elohi - can you estimate how much coco coir you used?

I'm trying to remember but I think 12 bricks of Ecoearth is what I ended up getting by with at first. It settles though and I ended up adding more.

redsn8k

5 Year Member
San Marcos, Ca
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I will use this for my next enclosure with plywood and wheels so I can move it around.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
This is awesome! I want to get a wood turtle in the future this would be perfect.

Henry Guo

They are so beautiful!:<3: How long have you kept them and how old are they?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
They are so beautiful!:<3: How long have you kept them and how old are they?
Three of my leopards are 18 months old and the one I adopted will be 3 next month.

Henry Guo

Three of my leopards are 18 months old and the one I adopted will be 3 next month.
Wow,they grow fast! My baby leopard just 5 centimeter though he has been 13 months old. So could you tell me what's the main food of your baby leopards?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Wow,they grow fast! My baby leopard just 5 centimeter though he has been 13 months old. So could you tell me what's the main food of your baby leopards?

They eat smooth and prickly sow thistle, mallow, dandelion, hibiscus leaves and flowers, squash leaves and flowers, cactus and endive. When weeds are less plentiful they eat spring mix minus the spinach and other common grocery store greens. All of their food is sprinkled with rehydrated orchard grass and I give them Mazuri on occasion. Soon they will have grape leaves added to their diet.
I feed them all they will eat. I feed them 1-2 times a day depending on how much they eat at the first feeding. If they eat it all I will sometimes feed them a second time.

rcklmbr2586

5 Year Member
Thanks for posting this thread! I have a question that maybe sort of dumb, but I have no ego, so here goes :). Why do you use the incandescent bulbs? I understand they they put off heat and light, but I was wondering if there was a specific reason you wanted that in a "combo" package. I was contemplating just using two reptisuns (since there is no such thing as too much "good" light), and then just using the CHE's during both day and night for temperature control? Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Dan-

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
When I set up the next one for my foster tortoise I will probably cut a piece of plywood the size of the foam mats so that I can slide it around if I need to.

I can't believe how big they've gotten!! I haven't been on TF for so long, I remember when you first got them!! Can't wait to see the foster. Will it be a Leopard?

Onidara

I'm going to try to put 2 of these together for a 4x8 one since I'm going to have like 16 redfoots lol

sherminator

5 Year Member
The humid South
Here's pics of the tort mahal. Its been great. Need to add some more plants since he ate or rolled over em. He's just like the tank he's named after. Im constantly replanting. His water dishes are near his food dish and he self soaks while eating quite often.

Attachments

• 1429387074301.jpg
    1429387074301.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 1429387097424.jpg
    1429387097424.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 1429387115966.jpg
    1429387115966.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 162

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Here's pics of the tort mahal. Its been great. Need to add some more plants since he ate or rolled over em. He's just like the tank he's named after. Im constantly replanting. His water dishes are near his food dish and he self soaks while eating quite often.
Nice job!!
Did you secure your tent down the Velcro strips?