Cold Climate Large Outdoor Enclosurr Help!

Spurredhal

Location (City and/or State)
Yacolt, WA
We live in the NW in Washington State and have a Sulcata who is now about 5 years old. He has outgrown his 4 x 8’ indoor enclosure and we are about to embark on his outdoor forever home.

We are wanting to construct a dream tortoise house and have budgeted $4,000 for it. We do not have space issues because we have several acres.

I simply cannot find photos of the interior of other large cold weather barns/sheds. More specifically, I cannot find what others have done for the lighting and heat setup.

We currently have UVB lighting and day/night basking lights and a humidifier in the inside enclosure, but this is on a much larger scale. We are having underground electrical ran to the barn and are going to have it fully hard wired. Can anyone please, please help me find pics and specific information for this. Thank you so very much! -Max

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
@Tom has a thread on just such a thing. Amazing construction for a long life of usability and function. I think it is the dedicated sulcata section of the TFO. Good luck and please post pics!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We live in the NW in Washington State and have a Sulcata who is now about 5 years old. He has outgrown his 4 x 8’ indoor enclosure and we are about to embark on his outdoor forever home.

We are wanting to construct a dream tortoise house and have budgeted $4,000 for it. We do not have space issues because we have several acres.

I simply cannot find photos of the interior of other large cold weather barns/sheds. More specifically, I cannot find what others have done for the lighting and heat setup.

We currently have UVB lighting and day/night basking lights and a humidifier in the inside enclosure, but this is on a much larger scale. We are having underground electrical ran to the barn and are going to have it fully hard wired. Can anyone please, please help me find pics and specific information for this. Thank you so very much! -Max
Oh man. . . you have not looked in the right place! I have my sheds all over this Forum. Here's a link to Dudley's rebuild:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/dudleys-rebuild.111350/

Maidens, Virginia
If you have a $4000 budget, you should be great. How exciting! We just made ours for our guy who arrived tonight. We spent roughy 500, but we spent more in labor. Good luck! I will keep you posted on how our design works out. Can't wait to see your palace.