Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Sorry I’ve been watching “Ben” and my honey is working so I was able to sing along with no one questioning me doing so. That was ‘72 for crying out loud. Where were you in ‘72? Say that as a verse and tell me it’s not smooth. LOL
We have a Ben in our house right now. There were chew marks in the crackers and droppings on the shelf. The exterminator is coming tomorrow.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Today I have some men coming to cut down a tree that has got too big for its boots - now well over 10 metres/30feet high. It was a Christmas tree planted by our neighbours who died. The estate agent has recommended it comes down before the house is sold. It’s been arranged by their daughter, but I as she doesn’t live there I am supervising instead.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Good morning all. Today I have some men coming to cut down a tree that has got too big for its boots - now well over 10 metres/30feet high. It was a Christmas tree planted by our neighbours who died. The estate agent has recommended it comes down before the house is sold. It’s been arranged by their daughter, but I as she doesn’t live there I am supervising instead.
Do they have to cut it down in sections? I mean, climb up the tree and lop off the top and then climb down a little and lop off more and so on, because the tree is so tall that if they just chop it down it will crush the house? Everyone around here has redwood trees that are really tall. I wish we could remove them but they are too tall and it would cost a fortune. I'm afraid we'll have a big storm and they will topple.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Do they have to cut it down in sections? I mean, climb up the tree and lop off the top and then climb down a little and lop off more and so on, because the tree is so tall that if they just chop it down it will crush the house? Everyone around here has redwood trees that are really tall. I wish we could remove them but they are too tall and it would cost a fortune. I'm afraid we'll have a big storm and they will topple.

Yes it will have to come down in bits. There’s a man up it right now. He’s wearing climbing gear, roped up properly, and has a chainsaw dangling from his belt. I couldn’t do that job!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
View attachment 221016
You have to be nuts to do this. Far too many opportunities to cut yourself out of the tree!

And tell the homeowner for “proper weather service information at home” stations they have there in the picture on the 4”x4” pots, that they might consider moving the readers to the/a peak of there home. This will give them the best/clearest/“most proper” readings or measuring the outdoor environment. Sorry y’all for that just saying because I’m a weather geek myself thank you very much.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And tell the homeowner for “proper weather service information at home” stations they have there in the picture on the 4”x4” pots, that they might consider moving the readers to the/a peak of there home. This will give them the best/clearest/“most proper” readings or measuring the outdoor environment. Sorry y’all for that just saying because I’m a weather geek myself thank you very much.

The neighbours both died. That weather station will be taken down before the house is sold, but probably won’t need a chain saw.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
the end of the month is nigh!!! View attachment 221054

they say do something for 20 days, it will become a habit, i wonder if that means NOT drinking will become a habit?
I hope it does John. It's very easy to fall off the wagon though, so you will probably have to work hard for a bit longer.

This health kick without food and cigarettes must be saving you a fortune :)

Well done :)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Yes it will have to come down in bits. There’s a man up it right now. He’s wearing climbing gear, roped up properly, and has a chainsaw dangling from his belt. I couldn’t do that job!
They trim our tree tops every year to keep them away from the power lines, and they scramble up the trees like monkeys.